Saturday, August 21, 2010

On our way to Carnage Night

I drove Alex and Shook. First we went to the wrong place, a quiet, upscale restaurant. It was silent with no bartender in sight. A waitress walked up.

“Hi, I think we’re in the wrong place, we’re looking for Carnage Night?”
“That’s right over at the Three Rivers Rafting place. You go straight on the dirt road, and it’ll be right there on the right.”

I retraced back the quarter mile of dirt road that was our wrong turn.

“I’d tellum, Oh yeah it’s a sheort cut. You jus’ take-at dert road-er, ovr-at hill-der. They’ be abolda See where they wor goin but they-be lookin across a field.”

“Oh, a kitty!”

Sam laughed loudly.

D’at ain’t a kitty. That is, nota kitty.” Big smile. “You doe-wanna hi’dat…’eah-at’s a skunk.” Slow high pitched laughter.

2 comments:

  1. Umm...am I supposed to understand this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think Twainishly, but dahn east. it tall make sinse
    --Tom ( de Dad) Brown

    ReplyDelete