Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Paul Sannicandro Here

It's been a relaxing week for me in West Chester. Today is my last day here for awhile and Kara and Randy (Mom and Dad, as I've been calling them) are both off work, so we decided to Wawa up and drive to the shore at lovely Sea Isle City, New Jersey.


As we got into town, I answered a phone call from an unknown number.

"Paul Sannicandro here with Baxter State Park." (!!!!!)

This is the guy in charge of the trail crew internship program I applied for. After I submitted my application, he had emailed me saying all the spots for the fall crew had already been filled...but as it turns out, someone backed out and so Mr. Sannicandro called to see if I was still interested. We set up a phone interview for 3:00, at which time I answered lying on the beautiful beach in the wind and sun. Needless to say, the interview went great, and he offered me the position!

Back in West Chester, Dad is grilling up some hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner. Yumm!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATONS Meghan. Life is good.
    Love, Brenda & John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, My Daughter the Park Ranger !

    Your Grandmother would be very pleased, I know we are. By the way my Uncle Mac (in Florida) and his Son (my cousin Glenn) are retired from the National Park Service, so you are in a family business. Congratulation. Wear gloves.

    Love,

    Dad and Vic

    ReplyDelete