Friday, September 17, 2010

such a sweet lumberjack

A few of my readers may recall that when I was 16 I twisted my ankle pretty bad at church camp and it's never been quite the same since. Well darn if I didn't roll that same ankle (twice) yesterday while hiking down from Chimney Pond, where we spent our workweek replacing a bridge on the trail.

"Meghan, just take off your pack for a minute...Does that feel better?"
I smiled. "Yeah."

The first time I wouldn't let him take it, but I couldn't say no again. Ned swung my pack up right over his head like it weighed five pounds.

"You ready? Let's go."

I smiled at him. I didn't much mind feeling like a spoiled princess, I guess.

"Such a sweet lumberjack."

I skipped lightly from rock to rock behind him all the way down, feeling like the luckiest girl in all of Baxter.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm might be genetic...I roll my ankles and twist them when I walk too...a pediatrist told me that it was do to where I place my feet...they needed to be further apart...more in line with my hips instead of too close together..I think some woman do this to prevent their hips from swaying suggestively...or seductively or what ever...must have been great walking without a heavy pack!!! aunt Robin

    ReplyDelete